tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Keene, David" <dke...@soe.sony.com>
Subject RE: Repeat: Can Tomcat be used with non-webapps?
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 20:32:45 GMT
I haven't read the code for this, so if I'm off anyone out there, feel
free to correct me.  But, that being said, I'm pretty sure this will
answer your questions.

1. tomcat loads *.xml in the conf/localhost/ directory and cats them
together inside the host(localhost) node of your conf/server.xml.  so
basically, by putting a context file in this directory it gets parsed in
the config.

2. It does not matter what you name your context name.  this is just the
name it will show up in the tomcat manager app.

3. yes, if you are going to use a non-standard JNDI Dir for your
resourceloader, you should add a resource element inside this context
tag.  This is not needed in 99% of the installs I've seen.  The default
setup is to just put your apps directory in the docBase attribute and
the FileContextDir will use that as your docbase.**

Dave

** Speaking of FileContextDir!!  I am really looking for someone who has
already made a FileContextDir that can load from more than one DocRoot
(commons directories).  I know there was some talk about this earlier
this year on this list.  If anyone has access to the source for this and
knows its licensing, please let me know!