tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Fred Toth <ft...@synernet.com>
Subject No hot deploy possible for ROOT context app?
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 13:17:36 GMT
Hi all,

I've been working on setting up an application in the root
context, meaning I configure it via this in server.xml:

<Context path="" docBase="/path/to/my/war" debug="0" />

This works fine, and my application gets loaded properly
at tomcat start-up.

I just want to make sure I'm not missing any tricks. This
approach seems to eliminate the possibility of hot deploy,
right? Meaning, any time I change my war file, I need to
restart tomcat?

Next I will try an expanded war and reloadable classes, but
any comments would be appreciated.

This is 4.1.29 under jboss.

Thanks,

Fred