tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Carl Olivier <c...@zero-one.co.za>
Subject RE: SSL and starting tomcat - issues
Date Sat, 05 Jun 2004 14:42:31 GMT
Sigh,

Once again a reply to myself - but the contexts do NOT seem to always come
online!  Most bizzarre.  Does anyone know what that error is?  Has it got to
do with the cert in the cert store?

Please help - this is dodgy.

Yoav:  Question - is this case (where I have multiple HTTP based sites
(hosts) running on the same IP - but SOME on the same IP running HTTPS) a
good time to use Apache in front of Tomcat over jk?

Thanks

Carl

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl Olivier [mailto:carl@zero-one.co.za]
Sent: 05 June 2004 04:02 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: SSL and starting tomcat - issues

Hmmm.  Replying to my own post - the Hosts do actully come up after a while
- just takes longer than it used it.

I do have another question - if you have a HTTPS connector listening - and
have a number of Hosts running - but only one should serve on HTTPS - how do
you ensure that it is the only host to get HTTPS access?  Currently if I
direct my browser to https://another.host.on.server it gets served - but
obviously the cert I have in place is not correct for that site (URL)!

Would you have to bind the HTTPS connector to a different IP and map only
that site through?

Thanks in advance,

Carl