tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Tomcat does not compiles my .jsp!
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2004 12:18:41 GMT
I'm fairly sure the problem is tomcat is having some trouble writing to
the work directory when it writes your jsp as a java class.  Quick test:

su tomcat (if done from root, no password required)
cd /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.25/work
vi testfile.txt
type some junk and try to write the file.

If this fails, you have your problem.  Exit the su session and take a
look at file permissions on the work directory.  Be sure tomcat owns it
and has write access.  I'd recommend tomcat user and group have full
permissions (rw, x for directories), others have nothing.

--David