tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Veniamin Fichin <3ca28...@mail.ru>
Subject Re: Migration 4.1.27 to 4.1.30 -> Servlet-Configuration won't work
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 13:11:04 GMT
Jens.Mueller@dbv-winterthur.de wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to migrate a single webapplication from Tomcat 4.1.27 to Tomcat
> 4.1.30.
> So I installed the new version on my server.
> After configuration I copied my webapplication from 4.1.27 to 4.1.30. It is
> a ROOT-webapp.
>
> In this application there a 3 servlets with the follwing mapping configured:
>
>         <servlet-mapping>
>                 <servlet-name>login</servlet-name>
>                 <url-pattern>/login/</url-pattern>
>         </servlet-mapping>
>
>         <servlet-mapping>
>                 <servlet-name>appmanager</servlet-name>
>                 <url-pattern>/lappmanager</url-pattern>
>         </servlet-mapping>
>
>         <servlet-mapping>
>                 <servlet-name>app</servlet-name>
>                 <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
>         </servlet-mapping>
>
> In 4.1.27 I can call http://xxx/login and http://xxx/appmanager without any
> problems. Every other request goes to the app-servlet.
> In 4.1.30 every request goes to the app-servlet. Even http://xxx/login and
> http://xxx/appmanager.

    Is this a typo or not?
* You have "/lappmanager" URL pattern (see first "l" letter), but
request for "http://xxx/appmanager".
* Second, you have "/login/" URL pattern (see suffix slash), but request
for "http://xxx/login".

    So none of your mappings triggered, what leads to default app-server
invocation.

> And also the method request.getPathInfo() return null. I don't know why.

    As of request.getPathInfo() method, please read J2EE's specs, it says:

<cut>
     Returns:
         a String, decoded by the web container, specifying extra path
information that comes after the servlet path but before the query
string in the request URL; or null if the URL does not have any extra
path information
</cut>

    So for example you'd have request URL like
"http://servername/webapp/mappedname/and/this/fake/path", getPathInfo()
would return "/and/this/fake/path", I guess. In your case it's null.

--
Veniamin Fichin