tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Renaldo VonTeknika <tom...@bus.cba.nau.edu>
Subject tomcat5, apache2, mod_jk2 and mod_userdir
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2004 18:14:16 GMT
I don't seem to be able to get tomcat5, apache2, mod_jk2 and mod_userdir
working together entirely. Everything works fine for the most part as
users can serve jsp pages from their directories and tomcat recognizes
each of their contexts. But I cannot get  the uri
host/~user/servlet/HelloWorld passed to tomcat with 2 wildcards (*).

Here is an example of what the problem is using workers2.properties;

If I try to do what I think should work;

[uri:/~*/servlet/*]
info=UserDir worker=ajp13:localhost:8009

It will not pass to tomcat and I recieve an apache 404 error instead of
the servlet defined by the invoker (or a tomcat 404 error if the invoker
didn't exist)

If I try;

[uri:/~user/servlet/*]
info=UserDir worker=ajp13:localhost:8009

or

[uri:/~*/servlet/HelloWorld]
info=UserDir worker=ajp13:localhost:8009

It has no problem and everything works as it should, but it seems as
thou it cannot deal with 2 wildcards if one is trailing the uri

Anybody have any ideas or know what I am doing wrong?

-RV