tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jouko Johansson <jouko.johans...@infosto.fi>
Subject Re: high server load
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2004 07:50:58 GMT
I configured the fork-setting to true and the load went down from 10 to
1.5 so the configuration helped a lot.  Also the
server availibility was enhanced.  Is there still another configuration
parameter which could decrease the load under 1.0 or do
we need to buy better hardware ;)

So thank you for your help,

Jouko

Shapira, Yoav wrote:

>Hi,
>It's kind of hard to help with a non-existent tomcat version ;)
>
>Do things improve if you set fork to true for your JSP servlet?
>
>Tomcat 4 and 5 have different memory models, different optimization, etc, so the performance
characteristics for the same app under the same load will not be the same between them.  They
should be better in tomcat 5, of course.

>Yoav Shapira
>Millennium Research Informatics

Puh : +358 3 2524 525
Mob :+358 40 578 57 58