tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alex Burton <alex.j...@e-plus.com.au>
Subject Re: Using Tomcat's HTTP processor and SSL
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 22:03:00 GMT
We found the performance of Tomcat running SSL pretty useless in
production. Is fine for development, but in production we run Apache
HTTP in the front to off load the SSL number crunching into native code.
Works a treat. Also gives you the benifit of being able to load balance
multiple tomcats and to have apache serve up a maintenance page when we
update code. Seems Apache queues up requests better too.

Cheers,
Alex.