tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Multiple requests sharing the same Servlet instance
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 14:55:44 GMT
Wrong. It is expected that many threads may be executing the service() method
of a servlet at the same time.

One way to get around this is by making your serlvet implement
SingleThreadModel. (ick!)

-Tim

Keith Hankin wrote:

> I am having a problem where one Servlet instance seems to being used by two different
threads at the same time. It is my understanding that Servlet instances will not be used by
two threads at the same time, so that the service() method would thus only be called by one
thread, then it can be called again if the Servlet instance is reused by way of pooling.