tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Software <>
Subject Re: mod_jk2 for RedHat
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 14:38:15 GMT
You can build mod_jk2 following these steps:

    7.3.4. Build mod_jk2 from source

After you have downloaded the mod_jk2 source tarball, navigate to that
directory and expand it like so,

# *tar zxvf jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk2-2.0.2-src.tar.gz*

Next, navigate to the directory where you will begin the build process,

# *cd /jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk2-2.0.2-src/jk/native2*

Now, we begin the build process,

# *sh ./*
# *./configure --with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs2 \*
> *--with-tomcat41=/opt/tomcat \*
> *--with-java-home=/opt/IBMJava2-131 \*
> *--with-jni*
# *make*

Substitute the directory paths above with your own directory paths, if
you are not using the same components as I am.

Finish off with this command,

# *libtool --finish /usr/lib/apache2*

This process builds 2 important files : and inside
the following directory :
You will need to copy these files to the proper locations. So, we will
do this,

# *cp ../build/jk2/apache2/ /usr/lib/apache2/*