tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: problems to connect with mySQL
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 14:20:27 GMT
context.xml is just an xml file in conf/Catalina/localhost (at least for
the default TC 5 setup).  Replace 'context' with the name of your
webapp.  If the webapp is named samples, then the context file is
samples.xml.  The manager and admin context xml files are already there
for you to take a look at.  This context xml file is where to put
context specific database connections, loggers, filters, valves, etc., ...

On the empty jsp:  Not all exceptions are caught in the jsp.  A small
few that should never normally happen can still be thrown and cause what
you saw.  I've had to suffer a few of them myself and always found the
exception in the logs.  You should still be able to find some info on
what happened by looking at the logs.

--David