tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: problems to connect with mySQL
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 13:34:55 GMT
Hi.

I don't see anything in your setup for connecting to MySQL except a load
of references to the jar file in your classpath.  Also you didn't post
your context.xml file for this webapp (maybe it doesn't exist?).  I'd
take the mysql jar out of your classpath and see the URL's I posted in
my message 'Re: MySQL-connection pool' earlier this morning:

Take a look at:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html

About halfway down the page is a section titled 'JDBC Data Sources'

Also take a look at:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html

This page has some specific examples to look at.

--David