tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Görling <stefan.gorl...@pricerunner.com>
Subject HttpServletRequest.getRequestURI() and URLDecoding
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 09:10:35 GMT
Hi,

The SUN Javadoc from HttpServletRequest.getRequestURI() says that it should:
"Returns the part of this request's URL from the protocol name up to the
query string in the first line of the HTTP request. The web container
does not decode this String. For example: "

(http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/2.3/javadoc/javax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest.html)

However, when I get a request to a encode url for example /foo/dvd%2Br/,
getRequestURI() returns /foo/dvd+r, is this intentional? (so that I
should adapt my code to it), or a bug (so that I should wait for a bugfix)?

Best Regards,

Stefan Görling