tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kunthar <kunt...@gmx.net>
Subject I'll kill JNDI
Date Sun, 13 Jun 2004 16:19:55 GMT
Hi all,

I've installed apache 2.049 + Tomcat 5.0.26 + PostgreSQL and i could
connect apache to tomcat after painful night with mod_jk2.
So far so good.
I could do regular jdbc connection by using traditional
Class.forName(ZOBARA) method to my existing fair pgsql.
Then i wanted to try my first application's jdbc connection with DBCP
Pool exist on Tomcat. You know, we need it for bunch of reasons.
I've read the documentation and also downloaded related JNDI reference
from sun (which is completely makes blah blah about LDAP)
Check List;
0. rh-postgresql3.jar copied to $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib and removed
from the all other locations.
1. Server.xml changed for postgre jdbc driver as described. (Checked for
context tags)
2. web.xml changed as described.
3. My application connection element uses clear sample
// Obtain our environment naming context
Context initCtx = new InitialContext();

// Look up our data source
DataSource ds = (DataSource)
  envCtx.lookup("jdbc/mydb");

4. Built this holly mess with ant by using build.xml
5. Point to my page and see this
"java.sql.SQLException: No connection"

Is there any single one have an idea what's going on???
I've double checked all the things. If anyone using postgreSQL with DBCP
please give me a hint.

Thanks
Take care all

Note: Turkish list fellows just drop me a line :=)