tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Alex Burton <alex.j...@e-plus.com.au>
Subject [Fwd: Tomcat5.0.25 and Java Mail not seem to work]
Date Sun, 13 Jun 2004 03:45:59 GMT
Hi all,

I am currently porting an application from Tomcat 4.1.x to Tomcat 
5.0.25. Everything is going fine except for JavaMail.
In the application we have setup both database and JavaMail as Global 
Naming Resources. The database global work fine but I am getting the 
following with the Mail resource (see output below)

I have downloaded the 2 mail and activation Jars and added them to the 
<tomcat_home>/common/lib directory (have also tried in the endorsed 
directory)

    * javamail-1.3.1
    * jaf-1.0.2 (activation)

I have also tried to setup the java mail in the individual contexts with 
the same error.... is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?!!!

Thanks in advance,
Alex.

 From the catalina.out:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
13/06/2004 03:37:50 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-80
13/06/2004 03:37:50 org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
INFO: Initialization processed in 969 ms
13/06/2004 03:37:50 
org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener createMBeans
SEVERE: Exception processing Global JNDI Resources
javax.naming.NamingException: Cannot create resource instance
        at 
org.apache.naming.factory.ResourceFactory.getObjectInstance(ResourceFactory.java:132)
        at 
javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getObjectInstance(NamingManager.java:301)
        at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:791)
        at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:151)
        at 
org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.createMBeans(GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.java:155)
        at 
org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.createMBeans(GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.java:160)
        at 
org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.createMBeans(GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.java:125)
        at 
org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent(GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.java:97)
        at 
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
        at 
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2291)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:556)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at 
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at 
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:284)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:422)
13/06/2004 03:37:50 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start
INFO: Starting service Catalina
13/06/2004 03:37:50 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/5.0.25
13/06/2004 03:37:50 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost start
INFO: XML validation disabled


Server.xml snippet:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  <GlobalNamingResources>

         ... more stuff ...

        <Resource name="mail/Session_global" auth="Container" 
type="javax.mail.Session"/>
        <ResourceParams name="mail/Session_global">
            
<parameter><name>mail.smtp.host</name><value>mail.internode.on.net</value></parameter>
        </ResourceParams>                   

        <Resource name="jdbc/Database_global" auth="Container" 
type="javax.sql.DataSource" description="pool of JDBC"/>
        <ResourceParams name="jdbc/Database_global">
            
<parameter><name>factory</name><value>org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory</value></parameter>
            
<parameter><name>username</name><value>our_user</value></parameter>
            
<parameter><name>driverClassName</name><value>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</value></parameter>
            
<parameter><name>url</name><value>jdbc:oracle:thin:@192.168.0.6:1521:UTF8</value></parameter>
            
<parameter><name>password</name><value>password</value></parameter>
        </ResourceParams>

  </GlobalNamingResources>


       ... more stuff ...

            <Host name="www.developer.ourhost.com" debug="1" 
appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true">
                <Context path="" docBase="our-app-base" debug="1" 
privileged="true" reloadable="true" override="true">
                    <Valve 
className="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve" directory="logs" 
prefix="www.developer.ourhost.com_access_log." suffix=".txt" 
pattern="combined" />
                    <Logger 
className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger" directory="logs" 
prefix="www.developer.ourhost.com." suffix=".txt" timestamp="true" />
     
                    <ResourceLink name="jdbc/Database" 
global="jdbc/Database_global" type="javax.sql.DataSource" />
                    <ResourceLink name="mail/Session" 
global="mail/Session_global" type="javax.mail.Session" />
                </Context>
            </Host>


Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message