tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Echerer <m...@tngtech.com>
Subject Re: Stop Tomcat over non-SSL connection with Apache2/JK2
Date Sat, 12 Jun 2004 14:49:20 GMT

Gordon Ross wrote:

> The problem, is that I do *NOT* want the webapp available over the
> non-SSL connection.
>
> In the <VirtualHost> section in Apache 2 where I defined the SSL
> VirtualHost, I put a JkUriSet command, but the tomcat apps were still
> available over port 80 (non-SSL) - even though there was no other
> mention of tomcat elsewhere in the Apache config - or anything in
> workers2.properties.
I had the same problem. Guess the virtual host support is not as good in
connection with JkUriSet as we thought.
I also tried to put some Mappings in http vhost only, some only https
vhost. But JkUriSet seemed to ignore that.

> What do I need to do to only have tomcat apps available over SSL ?
The solution is that you explicitly deny the UriMappings in your http
vhost as Apache will block them before mod_jk comes in.
e.g. something like
<Location ...>
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from All
</Location>

but check the Apache documentation for details.