tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ruth, Brice" <br...@fiskars.com>
Subject Re: Corrupted UTF-8 JSPs?!
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 21:19:59 GMT
Thanks, but I believe the problem is in the WAR packaging, somehow ...
because I develop locally, deploy w/o packaging and it works fine - if I
package it up again and re-deploy LOCALLY, then I get garbage ...

native2ascii only works for properties files, as far as I've been able
to determine. UTF-8 encoded JSPs have to have UTF-8 encoded characters,
not the \u escaped characters that native2ascii creates. We only use
native2ascii for our properties files