tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Reynir Þór Hübner <rey...@hugsmidjan.is>
Subject Re: JAVAC Leaking Memory
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2004 09:55:15 GMT

java only wrote:

> Does It mean setting the fork option to true in the conf/web.xml file ? I have also set
development and reloadable option to false...

no. It does not mean that. you can set fork option to false, and
reloadable/developement to true or vice versa, anyway you like. But I
still recomend that in production environment you set developement to
false and reloadable to false.

setting fork option to true will throw avay the javac process when it's
done it's work, leaving no memory leaks, but I think it's a little bit
slower than fork=false. I'm not sure, maybe someone else can answer that.

> And also I have noticed for each session,for the first time it takes lot of time to load
the
JSP page and hence forth the loading of those pages is quick. Does it
mean JSP pages compile
first time and not afterwards for that session?

Page compilation is only done once for each jsp document. I think your
session lagging has to do with something else, some session related
code/rendering etc.

hope it helps
-reynir

> Thanks,
>
> JavaOnlyJava
>
> "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> Good advice. The fork option for jasper exists in tomcat 5, it's key to helping with
these sorts of problems.

> Yoav Shapira
> Millennium Research Informatics

may contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged. This e-mail is
intended only for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied,
printed, disclosed or used by anyone else. If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please
immediately delete this e-mail from your computer system and notify the sender. Thank you.