tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Barnet Wagman <b.wag...@comcast.net>
Subject Very sporatic problem of OLD value request.getQueryString()
Date Sun, 06 Jun 2004 20:40:29 GMT
I've run into a /very/ sporatic problem and was wondering if anyone has
had a similar problem (Tomcat 5.0.19).

I have a servlet that reads the query string from HttpServletRequest
(ie. HttpServletRequest.getQueryString()).  Occasionally it seems to get
an old version.  This only occurs at the beginning of a new session and
only happens once per session.  After the first error, everything seems
ok.  However, it does not occur at the beginning of every session.  Most
of the time it doesn't happen.  Whether or not Tomcat has just been
restarted does not seem to matter.

I've tested this servlet with the same version of Tomcat on two systems,
a SuSE 9.1 system with Java build 1.4.2-b2 and a Redhat 9.0 system
(which has slower hardware) with Java build 1.4.2_02-b03.  The error
only occurs on the Redhat system.  I am /not/ suggesting that the
problem has anything to do with Redhat (that seems extraordinarily
unlikely) or the different Java builds (which also seems extraordinarily
unlikely).

If you've had a similar experience or any thoughts about what might be
going on, please let me know.

Thanks,

bw

PS I have session serialization turned off.