tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michiel Toneman <Michiel.Tone...@bibit.com>
Subject Re: Programmatic Authentication?
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 16:16:21 GMT
Hi Annie,

The authentication is completely separate from my example. In my
example, I already assume that the user has authenticated itself
succesfully to Tomcat (either through a frontend webserver like Apache
or in Tomcat itself). The code in the example only deals with what you
can do after that (i.e. assigning Permissions based on Principals in the
Java security framework). The Filter is simply used to establish a
security context in which the servlets are run.

In short, you should first get your authentication set up...

Cheers,

Michiel

--
Michiel Toneman  Software Engineer   Bibit Global Payment Services
Regulierenring 10  3981 LB  Bunnik       Michiel.Toneman@bibit.com