tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.h...@iinet.net.au>
Subject Hiding Implementation using Tomcat 5
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 02:35:09 GMT
Hi,
   I'm in the process of rebuilding the website for the company I work
for, with JSP using Tomcat 5.  Is there a way to hide the implementation
from the URI, so that the extension does not need to be typed to get the
resource.
eg.
If I have a file:
   /foo/bar.jsp
How can I set up the server, so that if I type in the URI
   http://www.example.com/foo/bar
I actually get bar.jsp delivered, rather than a 404 Not Found error.

   From what I've been able to find and read, it seems possible to do
this using Apache HTTP Server content negotiation, so is it possible
using Apache Tomcat 5?

--
Lachlan Hunt

lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au