tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michiel Toneman <Michiel.Tone...@bibit.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat5/mod_jk Memory Leak/mod_jk bypass
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 09:18:08 GMT
Adrian Barnett wrote:

>>> Ran out of memory last night again
>>>
>>> Set to 512m and ran out at 284m
>>> Maybe I am missing a paramater in the tomcat setup on windows or
>>> something
>>>
>>> Frustrating
>>>
>>> James
>>

> I was having a memory leak using mod_jk2, and it was fixed by adding
> request.registerRequests=false
> to tomcat/conf/jk2.properties.
> I don't know if this would work with mod_jk, but it might be worth a try.
>
> Adrian

I can confirm that this works with mod_jk too.

I'm a little surprised that fixing this rather horrible memory leak
doesn't appear to be a high priority.  We were almost at a point of
abandoning Tomcat altogether since we couldn't keep our test environment
running for more than 2 days without OutOfMemory problems while it would
run for weeks on end with JRun3. Adding this line made all our problems
go away, and we are now well on our way to completing our migration to
Tomcat.

Michiel

--
Michiel Toneman  Software Engineer   Bibit Global Payment Services
Regulierenring 10  3981 LB  Bunnik       Michiel.Toneman@bibit.com