tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nikola Milutinovic <Nikola.Milutino...@ev.co.yu>
Subject Re: Jk2 compiling problem sorted ..Do you know.. How?
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 05:14:56 GMT
Filip Hanik - Dev wrote:

>>Any clues on sorting this problem alternately?
>
> don't start apache until tomcat is up and running

Which is an event not trivial to catch. I know of hacks, like tailing
"catalina.out" log and seeing when the "last of the Mohicans" has
loaded, but, again, it is not trivial to catch. Or better said, it is
particualr to each setup. You would have to tailor your own hacks.

I wish there was a way to query Tomcat and see if it loaded ALL it's
stuff. Or at least the engine... Could we trail logs for that?

Nix.