tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ronald Klop <ronald-mailingl...@base.nl>
Subject Re: maxPostSize and file upload
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 17:21:22 GMT

After rereading the docs I understand that the maxPostSize if for FORM URL parameter passing.
I think they mean the parameters in the form key1=val2&key2=val2&... So it is not
for file upload I think, only for regular posts.
Unfortunately I don't have time to look in the source, but if somebody knows about this maybe
the docs can be updated to be more verbose about this.

Ronald.

On Wed Jun 02 15:44:24 CEST 2004 Veniamin Fichin <3ca28f66@mail.ru> wrote:

Ronald Klop wrote:

>Is it possible that this does not work?
>The docs
>(http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/config/ajp.html) say
>that the default is 2MB, but I can download much larger files.
>Is this a bug or a feature?

Don't know, I never used it. Additionally, I have no ajp.html file
in my Tomcat-5.0.16 distribution, that's strange, 'cause online site has
it. Try to set maxPostSize to 2Mb explicitlyto see if it will work.
It was a long time ago when I read one article on PHP file upload
where it was said that you can't determine a size of uploading data
before it at least reaches defined limit, furthermore an error only
arised when upload is finished regardless of its actual size (will it be
100Mb or even 100Gb). But I may be wrong.