tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hannes Erven" <h.er...@gmx.at>
Subject Does (a high) maxHttpHeaderSize have disadvantages?
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 08:04:29 GMT
Hi all,

are there any disadvantages from increasing maxHttpHeaderSize, say, to 65k?

(Despite having such long URLs prevents Internet Explorer users to click
them anyways, but that's a different story - *g*)

I scanned through the HttpConnector sources, and found that Tomcat allocates
two buffers that large for input- and output HTTP headers, so there is a
small increase in memory usage per request.

The site I have in mind is a (small) company intranet which does not have
tons of requests to serve.

Thank you,
with best regards

    -hannes