tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brian SJ Wong <briansj_w...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: I need help about deploying a servlet in tomcat
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2004 22:21:40 GMT
Well, I guess that I am totally lost:( This is the first time I use Tomcat and I don't know
nothing about it. I already installed JDK and set the environment variable such as JAVA_HOME
and set the class path very well. I used java before and every thing is fine. I am going to
use the ROOT folder to store my servlets. There is a web.xml file in that folder and I only
alter the information about the servlet that I am going to put, which is the HelloWorld. I
only wrote the HelloWorld.java and put them in the ../ROOT/WEB-INF/classes folder. Actually
I also tried to put the HelloWorld.java to the ../Servlet-Examples/WEB-INF/classes. I was
hoping that when I invoke the http://localhost:8081/servlet/HelloWorld, it will automatically
compile the HelloWorld.java and make the class. I tried to read the tomcat documentation but
I am still not be able to make any progress.

Please give me a thorough and step-by-step guidance. Thank you very much.

Brian