tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Woodchuck <woodchuc...@yahoo.com>
Subject docbase="myapp.war" does not work correctly
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2004 15:56:06 GMT
i'm using tomcat 4.1.24

i have both unpackWARs and autoDeploy set to true.

i have a context for myapp defined:
<Context path="/myapp" docBase="myapp" debug="0"
                 reloadable="true">

tomcat is not expanding my myapp.war file.  why is this?  so after
reading archives people suggested setting docbase="myapp.war" so i did
that, but my application is not working correctly, there are run-time
nullpointer exceptions.

however, if i manually unpack my war, my app works fine, no errors.

why is tomcat not unpacking?  (or why does setting docBase="myapp.war"
not work 100%?)