tomcat-users mailing list archives

From QM <>
Subject Re: web.xml pointing to other xml files?
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2004 02:07:53 GMT
On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 09:45:55AM -0700, Woodchuck wrote:
: actually i'm using Ant too.  i'm pre-compiling using the <jspc> task
: and it generates a file containing <servlet> and <servlet-mapping>
: tags.  that's exactly what i need to do really, is to merge this file
: with my web.xml file.  if you can show me how you're doing it that
: would be great, thanks!

Appended below.  Perl's "TMTOWTDI" motto reigns here, because I'm
certain there are other (and gmore elegant) ways to do this...

... from build.xml ...
	make the contents of the precompiled JSP mappings
	(from the "jspc" task) available as a replacement
	variable "@PRECOMPILED_JSPS@" in web.xml

	copy the web.xml to its destination, and in the process,
	replace "@PRECOMPILED_JSPS@" with the content of the
	precompiled_jsps.xml file

... from web.xml (before it's copied with Ant's <copy> task ...

	<!-- BEGIN: precompiled JSPs -->
	<!-- END: precompiled JSPs -->

software  --
tech news --