tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dhruva B. Reddy" <sledgehammer2...@yahoo.com>
Subject JNDI Resource Lifecycle Question
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2004 21:30:53 GMT
I'm trying to tune the connection pool on our installation of Tomcat
4.1.27, and just realized that I'm not sure what happens when you get
the DataSource.

When is the connection pool actually created?

    * When Tomcat starts?
    * When the web application is started?
    * When you request the DataSource from the JNDI service?

If it's created when I request it from the JNDI service, does that mean
that I should only request it when the application starts?

Thanks,
Dhruva