tomcat-users mailing list archives

From QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>
Subject Re: Defining data sources in context only
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 14:43:16 GMT
On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 07:56:02AM -0600, Christopher A. Brooks wrote:
: My problem is as follows.  I would like to have an ant script that
: auto-deploys my webapp into Tomcat 5 including any data source resources it
: might need (e.g. Database connections).  Thus far I have only been able to
: define these resources in the server.xml file, which means my deployment
: process requires two steps (deploy, then beg my admin to change my data
: source references in the server.xml).
:
: What are the best practices for a "one click deploy" with tomcat?  Thanks in
: advance,

Have you looked into "context.xml"?
See the Tomcat docs for details -- this may be what you're after.

The context.xml file contains a context's (webapp's) <Context> element
from server.xml, but it stays with the webapp.  iow, no more need to
disturb the global server.xml for deployments.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com