tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel Farinha" <dan...@ktorn.com>
Subject Getting rid of URL encoded jsessionid
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 14:25:48 GMT
Hi all,

I'm currently working with jetspeed on tomcat.

The client accepts cookies, but still when logging in to jetspeed there is a
jsessionid encoded on the URL.

http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/portal;jsessionid=F127ADD711D9734E54E462920DF
9AA73

This only happens 1 time, straight after logging in. After that the cookie
is used and the jsessionid no longer appears on the URLs.

It appears the server is sending both the cookie and the URL encoded session
id upon logging in, and when the client makes further requests with the
cookie, the server then stops URL encoding the session id.

My question is, how do I prevent the jsessionid from appearing on the URL
that one time?

Someone at the Jetspeed user list pointed out it's a setting in Tomcat's
server.xml but by looking at the docs I can't see an obvious solution.

Regards

Daniel