tomcat-users mailing list archives

From QM <>
Subject Re: Significant Deployment Issue - Unsolvable?
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 20:18:41 GMT
On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 12:03:17PM -0600, Someone Else wrote:
: The memory use grows perdictably until it reaches around 20 hours, then it
: starts to gobble up RAM until it crashes, which I don't understand. The
: stangest thing is that I've allocated 1GB mem for the Tomcat instance, but
: it only uses up to ~400MB total heap (used+free) before crashing.

You've already ruled out DB connections and threads.
All that's really left to do is run a profiler: that will show what's
going on, where.

Would it be at all possible to split your deployment into, say, 2 groups
of 50 vhosts or 3 groups of 50?  That would help whittle down whether
there's a problem in a specific webapp that's bringing down the whole
lot of them.

software  --
tech news --

To unsubscribe, e-mail: