tomcat-users mailing list archives

From QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>
Subject Re: ROOT/index.jsp
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 20:05:57 GMT
On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 12:44:06PM -0700, Mike Duffy wrote:
: Good suggestion.  If the JSP is precompiled shouldn't I be able to go to the work directory
and
: see index_jsp.class somewhere under a ROOT directory (like there is for other webapps)?
 I guess
: one of my basic questions is that why don't I see a ROOT directory in the work directory?

You tell me -- how did you precompile?

If you're placing classes directly in the "/work" dir, then, yes;
if you're building class files and updating web.xml, then, no.

The former method of precompilation is Tomcat-specific and accounts for
a JSP being updated.  The latter is for production deployments, in which
case the JSPs should not change throughout the release lifetime.

The root context may be under "/work/_" in TC5, but don't quote me on
that.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net