tomcat-users mailing list archives

From QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>
Subject Re: ROOT/index.jsp
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 17:57:27 GMT
On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 09:37:19AM -0700, Mike Duffy wrote:
: When using Tomcat 5.0.25 it seems that any change I make to ROOT/index.jsp does not show
up in the
: browser (in Tomcat 4.xx this was easy to do).  I am sure this is some sort of caching problem
so
: I've been looking for the compiled JSP in the work directory to delete it.  Very strange,
but it
: doesn't seem like this JSP is compiled anywhere.

Check the webapp's WEB-INF/web.xml -- is said JSP precompiled?

If so, changing the file will (understandably) have no effect: the
container checks its servlet mappings first, files (say, JSPs) second.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com