tomcat-users mailing list archives

From frederik gens <frederikg...@yahoo.com>
Subject NEWBIE: flexible declaration of a database URL
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2004 09:19:46 GMT
Hello,

I'm currently developing a JSP/Servlet/JDBC application with Tomcat. In several classes called
by servlets, I declare the URL which identify the database in order to open the connection.

My question is: what is the best way to declare this URL only once, for example in a file,
or in an environment variable. Therefore, the classes always call this variable. Changing
the place of the database just requires to change the URL in one place.

Thanks in advance!
Frederik