tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Lin <tcw00l...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: How to optimize Tomcat SSL
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 12:46:15 GMT

yup, you sure can if you're willing to subject the users to the annoying message. What some
people do is get a dedicated image server and setup https on it. that way, you don't get the
annoying warning and you don't impact the webserver doing the real work.

peter

Gabi <gabi@idieikon.com> wrote:
I write only to comment that you can support more connections if you serve
pages through https BUT images from http.
(You'll remember many https pages where the browser warms you something like
"this page contains insecure elements or something similar...