tomcat-users mailing list archives

From QM <>
Subject Re: How do I run servlets on the root directory of localhost?
Date Sun, 13 Jun 2004 02:38:49 GMT
Update to my original post: your problem likely lies in your servlet

:	<servlet-mapping>
:		<servlet-name>Home</servlet-name>
:		<url-pattern>/</url-pattern>
:	</servlet-mapping>

Mapping the servlet to "/" will pass *every* request through that
servlet.  Probably not what you want.

That would explain why you keep getting HTTP status 200 ("success") even
though your static content doesn't load: the servlet is called, it
returns its data, but it's not what the browser expects.

The rest of the info my last post applies for long-term design, but
changing your servlet mapping to a different path should get your app up
and running right now. ;)

software  --
tech news --

To unsubscribe, e-mail: