tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jim Kennedy" <jgkenn...@mindspring.com>
Subject Using Tomcat's HTTP processor and SSL
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 14:59:26 GMT
I am considering using Tomcat alone as my HTTP server as well as my servlet
container with SSL.  I know a lot of people use Apache HTTP Server instead
of Tomcat for this and Tomcat is just the servlet container only.

Is there any reason why I should not use just Tomcat alone for this.  I'm
actually using JBOSS with Tomcat, but Tomcat still handles the HTTP
requests.  I have no static pages on my site.

Seems like a hassle to configure a separate server (Apache HTTP) when I
don't have to.

Also, are there any difficulties configuring Tomcat with SSL?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.