tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Lin <tcw00l...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JSP : Jakarta versus Jrun MacroMedia
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:42:03 GMT

If I am not mistaken, coldfusion now uses jsp tags. In fact, if you look at the output, you'll
notice tons of extra /r/n in the generated HTML code.

you're best bet is to look at the version of JRun you're using and which spec version it supports.
either tomcat4 or 5 should be compatible. the thing you may loose is coldfusion's custom tags,
but you can replace it with JSTL.  the catch is you'll have to get someone who knows both
coldfusion and JSTL to make the port quick and easy.

I hope that helps.

peter

Bram Van Grimbergen <bram@vangrimbergen.be> wrote:
Hello all,

Sorry in advance if my question is not addressed properly, but i'm
'breaking' my head on a question.

Since a pretty long time i'm working with coldfusion mx as dynamic
development environment.
Due to different reasons we are thinking about moving to a jsp environment

If correct: either tomcat/jakarta can handle jsp but also macromedia jrun is
a sollution.

Can I ask you, experts in jsp, why I should use tomcat/jakarte instead of
jrun?
I know too little about the differences to make a good choice.

Many thanks in advance for any comment!
bram