tomcat-users mailing list archives

From QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>
Subject Re: UserTransaction class not found in TC 5.0.25
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:39:17 GMT
On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 12:51:19PM +0100, Adam Lipscombe wrote:
: I have deployed a J2EE app to TC 5.0.25.
: The app has the j2ee.jar library in the webapps/<application>/WEB-INF/lib
: directory

Sketchy.

: I don't understand this error because the UserTransaction class is in the
: j2ee.jar file, and this is in the WEB-INF/lib dir.
: What's going on here?
: Does the j2ee.jar need to go somewhere else as well?

Yes -- as in, remove it from WEB-INF/lib.

If classes in j2ee.jar exist elsewhere in Tomcat's classpath (and most
likely, they do) then you'll have problems.

One common cause of the NoClassDefFound error is that the classloader
found the class, but it's the wrong version.

You should also rebuild your app against Tomcat's jars instead of that
j2ee.jar, just to be certain.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net