tomcat-users mailing list archives

From QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>
Subject Re: JSP, Servlet, and Java Classes location in Tomcat
Date Sat, 05 Jun 2004 19:14:01 GMT
On Sat, Jun 05, 2004 at 11:38:27AM -0700, Matt Louden wrote:
: In tomcat, I want to know JSP files, Servlets, and Java classes
: should put in different locations:

This breaks down into:
1/ the servlet spec (where you put classes, JARs, web.xml, etc)

2/ your app's architecture (JSPs, servlet URI mappings -- see a
   few texts/articles on best practices).

Your specific problem is this:

:       <servlet-mapping>
:           <servlet-name>invoker</servlet-name>
:           <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
                        ^^^^

You're mapping the invoker to _all_ URIs.  The JSPs themselves will
never be called.  If you want to use the invoker, map it to a deeper
URI, such as "/something/*"

Also, I feel a certain obligation to warn you against using the
invoker, but that's your choice.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net