tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Graham Bleach <gra...@darkskills.org.uk>
Subject Re: SorryRE: Only failover in Mod_jk2 .. How??
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 00:13:14 GMT
On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 01:05:10PM +0200, Kommuru, Bhaskar wrote:
> sorry
> I know how to set up loadbalancing.. I want to know how to setup just as
> failovers
>
> I am using 4 tomcat clusters and 1 apaches with Mod-jk2s. I want to use 2
> tomcats as loadbalancers and other 2 as only as failovers.

Check the documentation:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/jk2/configwebcom.html

the level property:

"Worker Priority. Valid values are 0-3. The functioning workers with the
lowest level will be checked for the lowest lb_value, and if found will
be run. The upper level workers are only checked upon failure of all
workers on ALL of the levels below them. This is very useful for
implementing failover withing a cluster. "

tried it.
        -- Don Knuth