tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Isabella Shen <>
Subject Connection timed out -- SSL in tomcat
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 18:22:10 GMT
Hi All,

My java web service application runs successfully in
JWSDP environment using SSL, but when I moved it to
standalone tomcat using SSL connection I always got

HTTP transport error:
Connection timed out: connect
Caused by: HTTP transport error: Connection timed out:

I configured Tomcat by uncommenting out the 8443
connector section and created .keystore according to
SSL HowTo from tomcat. I also tried Tomcat 5.0.25, it
didn't work either. It seems the client application
could never find the connection although my service is

What did I do wrong? Can anybody help?

I noticed there are a few messages post about this
problem but there is no solution what so ever. Should
we report this as a tomcat bug?

Thanx in advance!

Do you Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail: