tomcat-users mailing list archives

From QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>
Subject Re: 2 War files for one Application
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 13:20:53 GMT
On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 01:54:30PM +0100, mpforste wrote:
: I would like to know if it is possible to have 2 War files for one
: application.

Sounds like something that would violate the servlet spec.  A webapp is
supposed to be a (fairly) self-contained package.

: Is it possible to have 2 files set up to make the whole site so I can put
: the larger non changing files
: in one larger war and the smaller changeable files in another to make
: updating the site easier?

What about using an exploded-WAR format webapp on the server?  That way,
you just have to make sure you upload your files to the right locations.

btw, please create a new message when mailing the list with a new topic.
Responding to an old message plays hell with thread-aware mailers, which
rely on the "In-Reply-To" header.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net