tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jens.Muel...@dbv-winterthur.de
Subject AW: Migration 4.1.27 to 4.1.30 -> Servlet-Configuration won't wor k
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 13:44:57 GMT
Oh sorry, that is just a typo.

That's the right mapping (don't know, where the l came from):

 <servlet-mapping>
     <servlet-name>appmanager</servlet-name>
     <url-pattern>/appmanager</url-pattern>
 </servlet-mapping>

And the login-Request is http://xxx/login/, and not http://xxx/login.

The curious is, that it works fine with tomcat 4.1.27.

I tried various requests with and without additional path informations.
getPathInfo still returns null. It is very strange...

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Veniamin Fichin [mailto:3ca28f66@mail.ru]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 23. Juni 2004 15:11
An: Tomcat Users List
Betreff: Re: Migration 4.1.27 to 4.1.30 -> Servlet-Configuration won't
work

    Is this a typo or not?
* You have "/lappmanager" URL pattern (see first "l" letter), but
request for "http://xxx/appmanager".
* Second, you have "/login/" URL pattern (see suffix slash), but request
for "http://xxx/login".

    So none of your mappings triggered, what leads to default app-server
invocation.

> And also the method request.getPathInfo() return null. I don't know why.

    As of request.getPathInfo() method, please read J2EE's specs, it says:

<cut>
     Returns:
         a String, decoded by the web container, specifying extra path
information that comes after the servlet path but before the query
string in the request URL; or null if the URL does not have any extra
path information
</cut>

    So for example you'd have request URL like
"http://servername/webapp/mappedname/and/this/fake/path", getPathInfo()
would return "/and/this/fake/path", I guess. In your case it's null.

--
Veniamin Fichin