tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Benjamin Armintor" <Ben.Armin...@austin.utexas.edu>
Subject RE: Tomcat 5.0.24 can't see third party packages!
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 16:24:53 GMT
What happens if you deploy this app as a WAR file? If that works, it
probably indicates that your jar files are misplaced.

Benjamin J. Armintor
Systems Analyst
ITS-Systems: Mainframe Group
University of Texas - Austin
tele: (512) 232-6562
email: b.armintor@its.utexas.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Nadia Kunkov [mailto:nadiak@parkerglobal.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 9:33 AM
To: Tomcat help (E-mail)
Subject: Tomcat 5.0.24 can't see third party packages!

I have posted this before and got some pointers but still it didn't
help.  I narrowed the problem down and it is reflected in the new
subject. I run Tomcat5.0.24 on Fedora Core 1.  I have a jsp site that
works without a problem on a Red Hat 9 box with Tomcat 4, but when I ran
it on Fedora and Tomcat 5.0.24 I get the following error:

An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null

Generated servlet error:
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file

/var/tomcat5/work/Catalina/localhost/WebTest/org/apache/jsp/someJsp_jsp.
java:15: package com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report does not exist
import com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.*;
^
1 error

I have about 5 jar files containing
com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.* in
/var/tomcat5/webapps/WebTest/WEB-INF/lib
I have all other jsp working all of them reference packages that are
defined locally.
com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.*  is a third party package and
that is what kills my app. I have seen a posting with the same exact
question but there were no responses.

I would appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance
N.K.