tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Akash Jauhar" <ajau...@sapient.com>
Subject JSP compilation question|Can I delete work folder ?
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2004 18:08:23 GMT
List

I wanted to automate my war deployment process and wanted to delete the work folder every
time I restart tomcat.
However  I have some confusion around when does a JSP get compiled. Does a JSP get compiled
at every restart of tomcat or only when its timestamp is changed (indicating that the file
has changed). If each JSP gets compiled when accessed after every tomcat restart then I would
like to remove the work folder before I restart tomcat every time. However if the JSP doesn’t
get compiled and only the existing class file (from the work folder) gets loaded after every
tomcat restart then I would not like to delete the work folder everytime I restart tomcat

Can someone please provide some insight

thanks

Akash