tomcat-users mailing list archives

From carte...@unr.nevada.edu
Subject RE: How do I run servlets on the root directory of localhost?
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 22:03:21 GMT
I changed my web.xml file like you said buy changing the servlet mapping to this

<servlet-name>webMathematica</servlet-name>
     <url-pattern>/index.html</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

   <Home-file-list>
     <Home-file>
       index.html
    </Home-file>

it is index.html because the webapp does not have a .jsp file ... But now when I
go to http://localhost:8080 I get the following error

HTTP Status 404 - /

type Status report

message /

description The requested resource (/) is not available.

Apache Tomcat/5.0.25

Any Ideas? I feel like I'm getting close ... but my deadline is getting closer!

-Seth Carter-