tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jarl Skogsholm <j...@lamarido.net>
Subject RE: How do I run servlets on the root directory of localhost?
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 12:18:18 GMT
To get Tomcat to hit your servlet instead of the ROOT(welcome page),
you have to trick Tomcat by changing the servlet mapping (web.xml) to
index.jsp.  Tomcat will send you automatically to your servlet
assumming index.jsp is in your welcome file list.    <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>YourServlet</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/index.jsp</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

  <Home-file-list>
    <Home-file>