tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Buglass <adam.bugl...@ncl.ac.uk>
Subject RE: Remote Start / Stop of tomcat
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2004 11:48:30 GMT
Hi Uma.

On using PuTTy I suggest you look for the online documentation. The best
way is to have the .exe file on your desktop. Just double-click it and
take it from there. It's fairly intuitive or at least I found it so.

Once you are logged into the remote machine go into your tomcat
directory and then change into the bin directory. There you will find
the shutdown and startup shell scripts. Use them. (eg. ./startup.sh and
./shutdown.sh at the prompt).

You will find README files in your tomcat directory and there is plenty
of online documentation so I suggest you RTFM!

Adam.